The holiday season has come and gone and now for some of us we wait for warmer weather. A snow day here or there leaves some time to spend with warm sweet treat baking. We decided to make our own cookie recipe together.
This recipe is very simple, and requires only a few ingredients. The kids can help mix and of course clean up!
Pre-heat your oven to 350.
Start by combining small chunks of the whole ⅔ cup of butter with the flour and sugar. Mix until still chunky but smoother and nearly no sugar and flour is showing in the bowl.
Next add in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine until nearly smooth. You can stir by hand or use a beater on low until all ingredients are combined.
Once combined grease your cookie sheet and use a regular sized spoon to scoop a spoonful of delicious cookie to the sheet. Use a fork (or spoon or little fingers) and flatten out your cookie ball. Add a couple white chocolate chips to the top.
Put your treats in the oven for 12-15 minutes depending on how quickly your oven cooks. I had a middle-of-the-road oven and 14 minutes was perfect. If you are using a stone product rather than an aluminum cookie sheet you may require an extra 3-5 minutes.
This recipe makes about 30 small to medium sized cookies. Something sweet and warm on a cold winter snow day! Enjoy!
- ¼ c milk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1¾ c of all purpose flour
- ⅔ c butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup of white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and grease cookie sheets.
- Combine chunks of butter, flour, and sugar until well combined.
- Add milk, egg vanilla.
- Combine and mix to thoroughly blended.
- Scoop into small spoon sized balls onto cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Add (to your liking) white chocolate chips to the top of the cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.